18IA: Building Iowa's Railroads

When the railroads came to Iowa, what rail baron ended as the richest? Now you decide. Based on the 18XX series of rail games, 18IA is a 2-5 player game that should take about 3-4 hours to play.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Getting a copy of 1870 in Math Trade on BGG

I am trading off some old GURPS books for a copy of 1870 on BGG. I'm excited to add another 18xx game to my boardgame collection, even if it's unlikely to be played anytime soon. I also am getting Navia Drapt and Starship Catan, both of which include some unusual mechanics.

Other than that, I am still looking at a long list of design choices. Are red off-board hexes really necessary? I am considering a second map. Naturally, this would cause the payouts to go down and the board to be more crowded, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home