18IA: Building Iowa's Railroads

When the railroads came to Iowa, what rail baron ended as the richest? Now you decide. Based on the 18XX series of rail games, 18IA is a 2-5 player game that should take about 3-4 hours to play.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

First two-person playtest later today

I now have a full home playtest version of 18IA and will be trying it out later on with my friend Larry. We've got enough time for a short game session, so I'll haul the draft version over to his place so we can stomp on it and see if it breaks.

The trains look particularly half-baked, and I don't have the stock certificates color-coded yet. My map is half-done, and so on.

Once I've given Larry a chance to give me feedback, I think the Houston Gamers is the next step. There are several avid train gamers who are drooling at the prospect. My regular Thursday night crowd is on hiatus until mid-February until we get the hang of having 3 kids in the house. The new baby's thrown off 18IA development, among other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home