18IA: Building Iowa's Railroads

When the railroads came to Iowa, what rail baron ended as the richest? Now you decide. Based on the 18XX series of rail games, 18IA is a 2-5 player game that should take about 3-4 hours to play.

Monday, December 24, 2007

To do list: tiles

I've got a rough map, know the names of the railroads and private companies involved, have a rough draft of the list of trains, and have the special powers of the private companies down. Map work is being done in Paint.NET, and I'm looking into vector graphics programs as well.

The tile mix is still in development. I'm trying to get a good mix of tiles that still has some competition involved. I am trying to get a no-stocks, no-money, no-real-trains playthrough each night to see how many tiles I can eliminate from the playtest set I created.

This has definitely been a fun project so far, and I feel like I'm almost ready to find a group of playtesters to see how my game plays out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home