18IA: Building Iowa's Railroads

When the railroads came to Iowa, what rail baron ended as the richest? Now you decide. Based on the 18XX series of rail games, 18IA is a 2-5 player game that should take about 3-4 hours to play.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Map draft almost done

The new map drawn in Inkscape is looking pretty sweet. Vector graphics make for tiny file sizes, and the quality is superb. My only regret is that Cedar Falls doesn't fit nicely into my grid format, so it's a bit north on the map of the actual location.

I'm hoping to get together a better rough draft than my current one, so I can do a limited web playtest release. My current trains are just numbers drawn into rectangles, I don't have any money, and my tokens are just numbers with colored circles.

I'm making good progress so far and haven't gotten too hung up on anything... I was getting frustrated about lining up hexes but have figured out how to use the coordinate system to align them much more precisely. Definitely fun stuff.

After tokens and trains, it's back to tiles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home